Stress is inevitable, especially in today’s day and age. Many times, it’s brought on by a one or more factors pertaining to work life, relationships, and/or trauma.
When these stressors become overwhelming and unmanageable, it can become detrimental to your health and turn into a vicious cycle. As the body endures more and more stress, it becomes more susceptible to the imbalances of physical nature and pain.
This in turn may create more stress, and the cycle continues. Thankfully, there are ways that chiropractic care can help you manage pain and stress in a safe and effective manner.
How Does Stress Affect the Body?
If you cannot properly manage and cope with stress, it can have a negative impact on your entire body, both mentally and physically.
When the body is subjected to chronic stress, it can manifest itself in numerous ways, including:
- Trouble focusing/easily being distracted
- Anxiety and depression
- Irritability/feeling overwhelmed
- Muscle aches and tension
- Neck and back pain
- Decreased or increased appetite
- Indigestion/acid reflux
- Lowered libido
What We Can Do to Help
Chiropractic care can help relieve many of the symptoms brought on by stress. Also, if one of the culprits of your stress is pain-related, it can go a long way in effective pain management, thereby taking away that stress trigger.
Additionally, a chiropractor can help restore the body’s balance and return alignment to the spine, thus relieving pain and tension. Here are some ways in which a chiropractor can help with stress and stress induced problems:
- One of the main tools in a chiropractor’s arsenal is manual adjustments or manipulations. Our doctor will gently apply pressure to the area in need of correction, using only minimal force. Many patients actually find the adjustment quite pleasant and report an immediate feeling of relief.
- Once adjustments have been made to your spine and proper alignment is restored, it releases tension and encourages the body to relax. Therefore, the external toll of stress is greatly diminished.
- Further, proper spine alignment can improve the way your central nervous system functions since it reduces swelling, blockages, and nerve stress. This allows your mind and body to send and receive messages more clearly, resulting in better mental and physical health overall.
- Finally, the realignment of your spine helps with blood circulation, which can speed up the healing and recovery process within the body.
In many cases, as in with lower back pain, chiropractic care may be the only method of treatment necessary to garner the results wanted. However, when other medical conditions are present, chiropractic care may be used in conjunction with other medical treatments in order to properly relieve the musculoskeletal aspects associated with your condition.
If you are searching for a chiropractor in the Orange County area, call us today at (407) 807-6645 for a complimentary consultation. We are ready to assess you and determine if chiropractic treatment is appropriate for your individual condition.