Suppose you find the all-natural principles of regenerative medicine intriguing, but you aren’t sure whether your condition warrants cellular treatment. In that case, platelet-rich plasma offers similar regenerative healing power and can be just as effective in many cases. But one of the ways platelet-rich plasma differs from regenerative cell therapy is that it is made from your own blood..
Want to learn more about the benefits of platelet-rich plasma?
Call us today for a free consultation
Platelet-rich plasma has proven highly effective for a wide variety of conditions, commonly including:
- Back pain caused by sciatica, herniated discs, or other issues
- Neck injuries, commonly auto accident-related, such as whiplash
- Knee pain of various origins, such as cartilage damage
- Various forms of arthritis
- Pain and numbness related to nerve damage, including peripheral neuropathy
- Ankle or foot pain, such as plantar fasciitis
- Bone issues
- Torn ligaments and muscle injury
- Pain in the shoulder, elbow, hip or other joint
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Aesthetic enhancements, including hair restoration and facial rejuvenation
Platelets are one element of blood, along with red and white blood cells. The primary role of platelets involves blood clotting, but they also play an important role in regenerative healing by stimulating damaged tissue repair. Due to the high concentration of cytokines and growth factors found within platelets, they are adept at accelerating the body’s natural healing process.
When trauma occurs in a particular area of the body, a chemical message is sent out, directing the available platelets to the injury site, where they get to work repairing the damage. The greater the number of platelets that can reach the site, the more effective the healing process is.
The growth factors and cytokines that are such a powerful component of platelets are involved in the body’s immune response. These specialized molecules include insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), connective tissue growth factor, fibroblast growth factor, interleukin 8, keratinocyte growth factor, and platelet-derived growth factor. These combine to deliver a highly effective boost to your body’s ability to repair the damaged tissue.
Preparation of Platelet-Rich Plasma
The platelet-rich plasma for your injection is made in our clinic at the time of your appointment. A small amount of your blood is drawn and separated into its components using high-precision technology. Your platelets are concentrated into a light-colored plasma and then injected back into your body at the site of injury. Because the injection is made from your own blood, the treatment is very safe, with virtually no negative reaction.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma therapy provides a simple yet powerfully effective treatment for patients with acute or chronic pain, both mild and severe.
Advantages of platelet-rich plasma include:
- An all-natural way to avoid medication or surgery
- Minimally invasive, and there is no downtime as a result of treatment
- A lower-cost alternative to stem cell injections that can often be just as effective
- Can be combined with stem cells in an integrated treatment plan
PRP treatment is a non-surgical procedure performed by our doctors that offers faster results when you are looking for relief from pain or injury. Platelet-rich plasma offers powerful regenerative effects for the treatment of many conditions. The results may vary based on the injury and how your body specifically responds to the treatments. Because PRP drastically reduces the inflammation to the injured area, most patients find that they experience pain relief rather quickly.
To learn more about how we can relieve your pain with platelet-rich plasma in Orlando, Lake Mary, Longwood, Winter Park, or any nearby city in Central Florida, call our medical clinic today at (407) 774-6800 for a complimentary consultation.